As part of their Health Policy coursework, masters students working together in groups develop comprehensive policy positions on a health prevention area that is under performing in a specific state. Data from the CDC, State and Local Public Health Agencies, and other sources are used to identify and develop a policy recommendation across six areas of policy development:
- Strengthening Individual Knowledge and skills
- Promoting Community Education
- Educating Providers
- Fostering Coalitions and Networks
- Changing Organizational Practices
- Influencing Policy and Legislation
You can view the exemplar policy briefs developed by students during their health policy course work under "Documents" at the right-hand side of this page.