- Dorothy M. Rogers Professor Emerita of Clinical Nursing
- DNP, Columbia University
- MEd, Columbia University
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-305-3582
- Fax: 212-305-1116
- Email: email@example.com
- 2010-present: Dean's Counsel, Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2009-present: CUMC IT Advisory Committee, Columbia University Medical Center [CPMCnet (Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center net) Advisory Committee, Health Sciences, Columbia University, 1996-present [*Name changed in 2009]
- 2004-present: Education Resources Committee, Columbia University Medical Center, Chair
- 2002: University Seminar in New Media Teaching and Learning Committee, Columbia University
- 2001-2005: Health Sciences Education Strategic Planning Committee, Columbia University
- 2001-2005: Health Sciences Clinical Care Strategic Planning Committee, Columbia University
- 2001-2003: 250th/75th Anniversary Celebrations Liaison Committee, Columbia University
- 2000-2005: Scholarly Resources Advisory Committee, Columbia University
- 1998-2005: Barnard-Columbia Rape Crisis Advisory Board, Columbia University
- 1998-2005: Community Voices Advisory Board Steering Committee, Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery
- 2011-present: Member, Board of Directors, International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG)
- 2011: Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
- 2004-present: Member, Eastern Nursing Research Society,
- 2003-2007: Member, New Product Development: AAFP Module in Collaboration with the National Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics Committee
- 2003-2007: Member, Education Clearinghouse Committee, National Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics
- 2000-present: Member, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- 1999-present: Member, International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG)/Genetics Nurses Credentialing Commission (GNCC)
- 1999-2001: Member, International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG) Portfolio Evaluation Ad-Hoc Committee
- 1997-present: Member, Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- 1996-present: Member, International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG) Website; Genetic Support Groups
Honors & Awards
- 2011: Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
- 2010: Member, Interprofessional Educational Colaborative (IPEC), Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC)
- 2002: International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG) Founder's Award
- 2002: Second Century Award for Excellence in Health Care, Columbia University School of Nursing
2000: First Honorary Award, Columbia University Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing
Alumni Association, Inc. (CAPSONA)
O'Neil Prize for Academic Excellence, Columbia University School of Nursing
Sigma Theta Tau
Magna Cum Laude, University of Michigan
Who's Who in American Nursing
- Women's health
- Perinatal nursing
- Health professional curriculum development
- Cook SS. (in press). International post-graduate nursing education exchanges: Impossible? Clinical Scholars Review.
- Cook SS, Sherrin F, Bancel S, Rodriguez Gomes J. (2012). Curriculum meeting points: A transcultural and transformative initiative in nursing education [Electronic version]. Nursing Education in Practice 12 April: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2012.03.009
- Robinson M, Cook SS, Currie LM. (2011). Systemic lupus erythematosus: A genetic review for advanced practice nurses. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 23(12), 629-637.
- Scanlon A, Cook SS. (2010). Febrile seizures, genetic (generalized) epilepsy with febrile seizures plus and dravet's syndrome. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 15(2), 154-159.
- Andrews TD, Cook SS, Baumeister M, Hickey KT. (2010). ARVC: Help prevent sudden death. The Nurse Practitioner: The American Journal of Primary Health Care, 35(2), 26-33.
- Malone K, Cook SS. (2006). Introduction to genetics for Otorhinolaryngology nurses. ORL - Head and Neck Nursing, 24(2), 8-18.
- Desjardins KS, Cook SS, Jenkins M, Bakken S. (2005). Effect of an informatics for evidence-based practice curriculum on nursing informatics competencies. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 74, 1012-1020.
- Peirce A, Cook SS, Larson E. (2004). Focusing research priorities in schools of nursing. Journal of Professional Nursing, 20(3), 156-159.
- Bakken S, Cook SS, Curtis L, Desjardins K, Hyun S, Jenkins M, John R, Klein WT, Paguntalan J, Roberts WD, Soupios M. (2004). Promoting patient safety through informatics-based nursing education. International Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 73(7-8), 581-589.
- Cook SS. (2003, September). The APNG: A preliminary look at credentialing nurses through portfolio review: A commentary. [Letter to the Editor]. Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews, 3(3), 79.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov