Departments And Divisions
- Department of Nurse Practitioner Group
- Assistant Professor of Nursing at CUMC
- Associate Dean, Clinical Affairs
Areas of Expertise
- Health Education
- Healthcare Administration
- Wellness Prevention
- International Travel Medicine
- Annual Exams
- Travel Health
- General Family Care
- Primary Care
- Family Medicine
- Travel Medicine
- Men's Health Issues
- Wellness Exams
- BS, 1996 Biology, Pace University
- BS, 1999 Nursing, Pace University
- MS, 2000 Family Nurse Practitioner, Pace University
- DNP, 2011 Doctor of Nursing Practice, Pace University
- Fellowship: 2012 George Washington University
Education & Training
516 West 168th Street Office516 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 326-5705
Practices And Centers
- Washington Heights
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider does not accept new patients
- Office Phone: 212-342-3960
- Email: email@example.com
- September 2012 – present, The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State, NY, Executive Director
- January 2010 – July 2014, Pace University, NY, Associate Adjunct Professor
- October 2009 - July 2014, Montefiore Medical Center, NY, Senior Clinical Associate/Family Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Health Services
- August 2011 – October 2013, Best Online Universities, LLC, Professional Blogger
- July 2008 – November 2009, Michael Werner, MD, PC, NY, Family Nurse Practitioner
- August 2006 – September 2009, Ferrara Nurse Practitioner Family Health, NY, President and Family Nurse Practitioner
- July 2001 – August 2006, Fordham University, NY, Associate Director/Family Nurse Practitioner, Student Health Services
- July 1999 – June 2000, Lawrence Hospital Center, NY, Registered Nurse
- Ferrara, S. A. (2013). The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual Conference; Saratoga Springs, NY. Invited Speaker. General Membership Meeting/Health Policy Update.
- Ferrara, S.A. (2012). The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual Conference; Saratoga Springs, NY. Invited Speaker. Health Information Technology in the Exam Room and Beyond.
- Ferrara, S.A., Burke, R.E., Gorski, V., & Ferrara, L. (2012). The New York City Research and Improvement Networking Group, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Invited speaker: Implementing Group Medical Visits for Patient with Type II Diabetes Mellitus in a Community Health Center.
- Ferrara, L., Gorski, V., Burke, R.E., Ferrara, S.A., Fuller, A., & Kelderhouse, J. (2011). The New York City Research and Improvement Networking Group, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Invited speaker: A Family Medicine Training Site/Family Nurse Practitioner Doctoral Program Partnership in Quality Improvement Education.
- Ferrara, S.A. (2009). The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual Conference; Verona, NY. Invited speaker: Retail Clinics: What’s in Store?
- Ferrara, S.A. (2009). The American College of Nurse Practitioner 16th Annual National Nurse Practitioner Summit, Washington, D.C. Invited speaker: State Legislative Issues Affecting Nurse Practitioners in New York.
- Ferrara, S.A. (2008). The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual Conference; Verona, NY. Invited speaker: The Advent and Evolution of Retail-Based Health Clinics.
- Malara, K., & Ferrara, S.A. (2006). The American College Health Association Annual Conference; New York, NY. Invited speaker: Pharyngitis & Mononucleosis: It’s Not Just a Sore Throat.
- Ferrara, S.A., & Letizia, K. (2002). The American College Health Association Annual Conference; Washington, DC. Invited speaker: Expanding Your Health Center’s Services: Performing the Athletic Physical Exam.
- 2014 - Chair, Advanced Practice Nurse's Council, Montefiore Medical Center
- 2013 - Member AANP Policy State Sub-Committee
- 2011 – present, member, Health Information and Management Systems Society
- 2010 - 2013, member, Montefiore Medical Center’s Influenza Vaccine Taskforce
- 2010 - present, member, American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- 2008 – 2010, member, American College of Nurse Practitioners
- 2001 – present, member, Past Treasurer and Presdient-Elect, The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State
- 1999 – present, member, Sigma Theta Tau, Zeta Omega Chapter
Honors & Awards
- June 2013, Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- June 2012, AANP New York State Award for Excellence
- May 2012, Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing, Dean’s Alumni/AE Award for Outstanding Professional Contribution
- January 2011, Pace University, Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship Grant
- April 2010, Charles J. and Margaret R. Benjamin Scholarship
- June 2000, Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing, Potential in Nursing Award
NURSE EDUCATION, PRACTICE, QUALITY, AND RETENTION INTERPROFESSIONAL COLLBORATIVE PRACTICE (Federal Gov)
Jul 1 2016 - Jun 30 2019
ORAL HEALTH AS A COMPONENT OF GENERAL HEALTH: EXPANDING THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE MESSAGE - A MEETING OF HEALTHCARE LEADERS (Private)
Mar 1 2014 - Jun 30 2015
- Gardenier, D., & Ferrara, S.A. (2012). Can Clinical Nurse Practitioners Be Involved in Policy Making? The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 8(3): 198-199.
- Burke, R.E., Ferrara, S.A., Fuller, A., Kelderhouse, J., & Ferrara, L. (2011). The Effectiveness of Group Medical Visits on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (DM2) Specific Outcomes in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis – The Joanna Briggs Institute Library of Systematic Reviews. 9(23); 833-885.
- Ferrara, S.A., & O’Grady, E.T. (2010). Eliminating Cost Barriers for Patients and NP Practices. In Truglio-Londrigan, M., Lewenson, S. (Eds.), Public Health Nursing: Practicing Population-Based Care (pp. 351). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.