- Assistant Professor of Nursing at CUMC
Midwifery, Breastfeeding Promotion & Support, Reproductive & Adolescent Healthcare Skills laboratory influence on student clinical performance, Using web-based tools to enhance instruction, learning and faculty-student interaction
- BS, Columbia University School of Nursing
- DNP, Columbia University School of Nursing
- MS, Columbia University School of Nursing
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-305-6994
- Fax: 212-305-6937
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2011-present Educational Technology Committee- Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2011 Strategic Planning Committee on Scholarship- Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2006-2008 Media Response Committee, Team Leader- ACNM, Region II, Chapter I, NYC
- 2005 Admissions Committee- Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2004-2007 Northeast Regional Committee for the Comprehensive Exam in Midwifery- Northeast Regional Consortium of Educators in Nurse-Midwifery (NERCEN)
- 2012-present Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- 2011-present New York State Affiliate of the ACNM (previously NYSALM)
- 2002-2011 New York State Association of Licensed Midwives (NYSALM)
- 2001-present Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Zeta Chapter
- 2000-present American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- 2000-present ACNM Region II, Chapter I- New York City
Honors & Awards
- 2012 Anna Maxwell Teaching Academy
- 2012 Interprofessional Education Initiative
- 2007 ACNM Excellence in Teaching Award
REFRAMING THE ACADEMIC MEDICAL CENTER THROUGH INTERPROFESSIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: TOWARD JUSTICE, SAFETY, AND KINDNESS (Private)
Jul 1 2011 - Jun 30 2015
- Alba, A., Carleton, L., Dinkel, L. & Ruppe, R.L. (2012). Increased Lead Levels in Pregnancy Among Immigrant Women. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, 57: 509-514 .
- Corsaro, M., Ruppe, R. L. & Zeidenstein, L. The Making of a Midwife in Preparing the Future: American College of Nurse Midwives Annual Preceptor Seminar. May 24, 2011. (0.35 CEUs ACNM). ACNM Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Ruppe, R. L. (2010). Autoimmune Conditions. In T. King & M. C. Brucker (Eds). Principles of Pharmacology in Women’s Health. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Ruppe, R. L. (2010). Adult female with early fetal demise. In J. Smolowitz, J. Honig & C. Reinisch (Eds.) Writing DNP Clinical Case Narratives: Demonstrating and Evaluating Competency in Comprehensive Care. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Ruppe, R. L. (2010). Adult pregnant female with complex comorbid conditions. In J. Smolowitz, J. Honig & C. Reinisch (Eds.) Writing DNP Clinical Case Narratives: Demonstrating and Evaluating Competency in Comprehensive Care. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Churchill, J. C., Ruppe, R. L. & Smaldone, A. (2009). Use of Continuous Insulin Infusion Pumps in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes: A Systematic Review. Journal of Pediatric Health Care.
- Corsaro, M., Ruppe, R. L. & Zeidenstein, L. Precepting the Midwifery Integration Student: the birth of a midwife. April 17, 2009. (0.35 CEUs ACNM). American College of Nurse Midwives, Region II Chapter I Continuing Education Presentation, New York, NY.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov