- Dean Emerita
- Edward M. Kennedy Professor of Health Policy in the Faculty of Nursing
- DrPh, Columbia University
- MA, Columbia University
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-305-3582
- Fax: 212-305-1116
- Email: email@example.com
- 2002-present Board of Directors, Gentiva Health Services
- 1997-present Board of Directors, Cell Therapeutics, Inc.
- 1997-2008 Board of Directors, UnitedHealth Group
- 1997 Chair, Federally Commissioned Committee to advise the Department of Veterans Affairs on Innovations in Nursing
- 1996 Member, White House National Steering Committee on Health
- 1995 Member, Executive Committee and Sponsoring Committee, Friends of the National Institute for Nursing Research
- 1995 Member, Workshop on Scientific Bases of Primary Care, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- 1994 Member, Roundtable on the Role of Academic Health Centers in Clinical Research and Training, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
Honors & Awards
- 2005 The Robert and June Becker Annual Endowed Lecture, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin
- 1998 Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award, The Nurse Practitioner Journal
- 1996 Doctor of Humane Letters (Honorary), Hamilton College
- 1995 Member, The Institute of Medicine
- 1995 Fellow, The New York Academy of Medicine
- 1994-1997 Scholar in Academic Administration and Health Policy, Association of Academic Health Centers
- 1987 Distinguished Practitioner, National Academy of Practice, Co-chair, 1992-94
- 1985 Creative Achievement Award, American Public Health Association, Public Health Nursing Section
- 1984-1985 Fellow, Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Program, Institute of Medicine/National Academy of Sciences
- Development of a quality assurance program for the Columbia academic health center, which will measure academic health center best practices.
LADIES CHRISTIAN UNION HOUSING STIPENDS (Private)
Mar 13 2002 - Mar 27 2011
LADIES" CHRISTIAN UNION HOUSING STIPENDS (Private)
Mar 13 2002 - Mar 27 2011
- Smolowitz J, Hopkins SC, Perrine T, Eck KE, Hirsch LJ, Mundinger MO. Diagnostic utility of an epilepsy monitoring unit. American Journal of Medical Quality. 2007; 22(2):117-122
- Mundinger MO. Who's who in nursing: bringing clarity to the doctor of nursing practice. Nurs Outlook. 2005;53(4):173-6.
- Hopkins SC, Lenz ER, Pontes NM, Lin SX, Mundinger MO. Context of care or provider training: the impact on preventive screening practices. Prev Med. 2005;40(6):718-24.
- Mundinger MO, Thomas E, Smolowitz J, Honig J. Essential health care: affordable for all? Nurs Econ. 2004;22(5):239-44, 227. Review.
- Mundinger MO. (2004). Advanced practice nurses: The preferred primary care providers for the 21st century. In J Showstack, S Hasmiller & A Rothman (Eds). The Future of Primary Care.
- Lenz ER, Mundinger MO, Kane RL, Hopkins SC, Lin, SX. Primary care outcomes in patients treated by nurse practitioners or physicians: Two-year follow-up. Med Care Res Rev. 2004;61(3):332-51.
- Mundinger MO. Toward a quality workforce. Pediatrics. 2003;112(2):416-8; discussion 418-9.
- Mundinger MO, Kane RL. Challenges facing family practice and primary care. JAMA. 2003;289(3):297-8; author reply 299-300.
- Mundinger MO. Twenty-first-century primary care: New partnerships between nurses and doctors. Academic Medicine. 2002;77(8):776-100.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov