- Associate Professor of Nursing at CUMC
- Assistant Dean, Academic Affairs
- Director, MDE Program
Areas of Expertise
- General Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- DNP, Columbia University
- MS, Columbia University
- MPH, Columbia University
Education & Training
ColumbiaDoctors Midtown51 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019
- (212) 326-5705
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 326-5705
Practices And Centers
- ColumbiaDoctors Midtown
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 326-5705
- Office Phone: 212-305-2805
- Fax: 212-305-1693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2009: Member, Dean of School of Nursing Search Committee
- 2007-2013: Committee on Admissions and Promotions, Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2003-2007: Committee on Admissions, Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2003- 2004: One-Stop Shopping Committee, Columbia University Medical Center
- 2002- 2004: CUPEX, Columbia University Medical Center
- 2002 - Present: Cultural Competency Committee, Columbia University Medical Center
- 2000-2004: Curriculum Committee, Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2000- Present: Program Director's Committee, Columbia University School of Nursing
- 1993-1999: Member, Board on Health Care Services, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- 2009 National Academies of Practice
- 2009 Diplomate in Comprehensive Care
- 1998 - present American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- 1998 - present American Public Health Association
Honors & Awards
- 2009: Diplomate in Comprehensive Care, charter member
- 2008: Columbia University Dean’s Distinguished Faculty Award for strong academic leadership and clinical acumen
- Adult and geriatric primary care
- Well women's health
- Palliative care
- Currie LM, Desjardins KS, Levine ES, Stone PW, Schnall R, Li J, *Bakken S*. Web-based hazard and near miss reporting as part of a patient safety curriculum. Journal of Nursing Education 2009; 48:669-77.
- R. Schnall, P Stone, L Currie , K Desjardins, R John. Development and Initial Validation of a Self-Report Instrument to Measure Patient Safety Attitudes, skills and Knowledge (PS-ASK). JNS, 2008
- Bakken S, Currie LM, Desjardins KS, John R, Lee N-J, Schnall R, Velez O, Stone PW. Wireless Informatics for Safe and Evidence-based (WISE) APN Care. Poster. Bureau of Health Professions All Grantee Meeting, HRSA, February 25-27, 2008.
- Currie LM, Desjardins K, Stone P, Lai T-Y, Schwartz E, Schnall R, Bakken S. Near-miss and hazard reporting: Promoting mindfulness in patient safety education. Stud health Technol Inform 2007; 129: 285-290.
- Kane RL, Rockwood T, Hyer K, Desjardins K, Brassard A, Gessert C, Kane R., Mueller, C. Nursing Home Staff's Perceived Ability to Influence Quality of Life. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 2006 (Volume 21, Number 3).
- Kane RL, Rockwood T, Hyer K, Desjardins K, Brassard A, Gessert C, Kane R. Rating the importance of nursing home residents' quality of life. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Dec;53(12):2076-82.
- Desjardins KS, Cook SS, Jenkins M, Bakken S. Effect of an informatics for evidence-based practice curriculum on nursing informatics competencies. Int J Med Inform. 2005 Dec;74(11-12):1012-20.
- Gessert CE, Hyer K, Kane RL, Rockwood T, Brassard AB, Desjardins K, Kane RA. Cognitive impairment and quality-of-life: views of providers of long-term care services. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2005 Apr-Jun;19(2):85-90.
- Bakken S, Cook SS, Curtis L, Desjardins K, Hyun S, Jenkins M, John R, Paguntalan J, Roberts WD, Soupios M. Promoting patient safety through informatics-based nursing education. Int J Med Inform. 2004 Aug;73(7-8):581-9.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov