- Professor Emerita of Nursing at CUMC
- DNP, Columbia University School of Nursing
- EdD, Columbia University
- MS, Columbia University
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-305-0082
- Fax: 212-305-6020
- Email: email@example.com
- 1994-present: Sigma Theta Tau-Alpha Zeta Chapter, Member
- Movement disorder neurology
- Chronic illness management
RWJ EXECUTIVE NURSE FELLOWS (Private)
Nov 1 2012 - Nov 30 2015
- Takamiya KN, Hickey K, Smolowitz J. Brugada Syndrome. Case Study, General Information, and Clinical Genomics. The American Journal of Nurse Practitioners,2008, 12; 26-32.
- Smolowitz JL, Hopkins, SC, Perrine T, Eck KE, Hirsch LJ, Mundinger MO. Diagnostic utility of an epilepsy monitoring unit. American Journal of Medical Quality, 2007,22; 117-122.
- Stone P, Larson E, Mooney-Kane C, Smolowitz J, Lin S, Dick AW. Organizational climate and intensive care unit nurses intention to leave. Critical Care Medicine, 2006 55, 6; 1-5.
- Larson E, Dilione J, Garcia M, Smolowitz J. Factors which influence Latino community members to self-prescribe antibiotics. Nursing Research, 2006 55, 2; 94-102.
- Smolowitz J . (contributor). Case studies: the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DrNP) setting a new standard in health care. Columbia University School of Nursing in Conjunction with Hope Heart Institute. Seattle, WA 2005.
- Smolowitz J, Nurse Practitioner-Specialist Collaborative Team Care. In Meeting the Challenge of Chronic Illness, Robert Kane, J Priester, and A. Totten (eds), John Hopkins University Press. Baltimore Maryland 2005.
- Waters C, Smolowitz J. Impaired sexual function in Parkinson's disease. In Parkinson's Disease and Non-motor Function, R. Pfeiffer and I Bodis-Wollner (eds.), CRC Press. Florida 2005.
- Waters C, Smolowitz J. Sexual dysfunction in Parkinson's disease. In Parkinson's disease, R. Pfeiffer and M. Ebadi (eds.), Humanna press, NJ 2005.
- Mundinger M, Thomas E, Smolowitz J, Honig J. Essential health care: Affordable for all? Nursing Economics, 2004 22,9; 239-244.
- Lenz ER, Mundinger MO, Hopkins SC, Lyn SX, Smolowitz J. Diabetes care processes and outcomes in patients treated by nurse practitioners and physicians, Diabetes Educ 2002; 28(4):590-8
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov