- Assistant Professor of Nursing at CUMC
- BS, 1996 RN-BSN, Summa Cum Laude, University of North Florida
- MS, 2000 Family Nurse Practitioner , Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2008 Doctoral Cognate, Adolescent Health, Johns Hopkins
- DNP, 2008 Executive Track, Rutgers University
Education & Training
- Office Phone: 212-342-5121
- Fax: 212-305-3680
2013 (September) School Nurses: Orange Board of Education
Worked with nurses throughout the Orange School Board District to create a health plan for the school year to impact students living healthier lives.
2009 (April) Mother Daughter Communication
Created a curriculum to educate mothers of teens and pre-teens on key ways to communicate more effectively. Montclair Adult School; Montclair, New Jersey
- 2010 - Present Chair Diversity Committee
- 2013 - Present Board Member of Sylvia Edge Endowment Fund
- 2012 - Present Member of the National Black Nurses Association (Lifetime)
- 2009 - 2010 American Public Health Association
- 2002 - Present American Nurse Association
- 1998 - Present Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society.
- 1996 - Present Delta Sigma Theta
Global Health Countries
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- United Kingdom
Global Health Activities
Santiago de Cuba, Havana, Camaguey, Varadero and Matanza - August 2015
Created a global health curriculum for students in all levels to gain a cultural and educational experience about the health care in Cuba.
Tanzania Africa - Pending
Implemented a teaching and learning experience for graduate students to educate nurses in Tanzania on HIV/AIDS Train the Trainer program.
2013 Nurse Practitioner: HELP Jamaica Medical Mission
Jamaica West Indies - September 2013
Provided care for pat ients throughout the island of Jamaica. Stream lined the system to provide care to patients in need of referral to the ophthalmologist.
2011 Nurse Faculty; University of Nottingham/De Montfort University
Durham/ Leicester UK - June 2011
Explored potential collaborations between UMDNJ-SN and the above universities. Provided a lecture on nursing in the United States and leadership theories.
2010 Nurse Faculty; National Management Institute
Cairo, Egypt - June 2010
Educate nurse executives from seven area hospitals on health policy, leadership, evidence based practice and hospital management.
2009 Nurse Consultant; Nurse Mentorship Program (FXB)
Guyana, South America - January 2009
Assessed the infrastructure of nursing in Guyana, South America and provided recommendations. Assessments included all phases of nursing: pre-service, service, in-service and regulatory boards. Created and conducted a needs assessment. Keynote speaker at countrywide symposium.
Honors & Awards
- 2013: Finalist - Outstanding Nurse – Leadership & Mentorship; Nurse.com
- 2011: Distinguished Women of the Year YWCA, NJ
- 2010: Outstanding Nurse Educator of the Year Award, Newark, NJ
- 2007: Humanism in Healthcare Award, UMDNJ-SN, Newark, NJ
- 1998: Sigma Theta Tau, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Mother Daughter Communication
- Adolescent Health Risk Behaviors
- Adolescent Health
- Current research projects are geared toward reducing health risk behaviors in adolescents. The research is geared toward communication between mothers and daughters.
- Hill-Cill, D.M. (2009). Minority Nurses: A Story of Resilience and Perseverance, In Bosher, S., & Pharris, M.D (Eds.) Transforming Nursing Education: The Culturally Inclusive Environment (79-98). New York: Springer Publishing Company
- Hill-Cill D.(2005). The path to proficiency. Nursing Spectrum (New York/New Jersey Metro Edition). Aug 29; 17A(18): New Jersey/Upper New York Metro Edition: NJ/NY11.