October 6-15, 2018
$4,499 (based on double occupancy)
$899 (single supplement)
For more information and to register:
- 8 nights / 11-day journey through Golden Triangle
- Explore Old and New Delhi including a visit to the India Gate, Red Fort and Jama Masjid.
- Check a visit to the Taj Mahal off your bucket list! A mausoleum built by Shah Jehan for his queen Mumtaz Mahal, the Taj Mahal is said to have taken 22 years and 20,000 craftsmen to construct.
- Accompanying guest program available on this itinerary.
Focus on healthcare
- Interact with nursing professionals from a variety of facilities in both Delhi and Jaipur such as Maulana Azad Medical College and hospital complex and a local nursing school like Mahatma Gandhi University Nursing College.
- Focus on the prevention of illness and the management of chronic disease along with the role of nurses and other health professionals in providing health care.
Focus on the community & culture
- Giving back and engaging with the local community is an important part of your journey. Engage with nurses and doctors at a village rural health clinic outside Delhi to examine the health care issues facing rural India.
- Gain authentic cultural insight during an evening spent enjoying a home-cooked meal with a local family.
Program leader: Dr. Bobbie Berkowitz, Dean and Mary O’Neil Mundinger Professor of Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing
Bobbie is also senior vice president of the Columbia University Medical Center. She holds the title of professor emerita at the University of Washington where she was the alumni endowed professor of nursing and chair of the Department of Psychosocial and Community Health and adjunct professor in the School of Public Health and Community Medicine.