- Degree awarded by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Columbia Nursing does not have a minimum GPA requirement, all factors of an application are considered equally.
- All transcripts from colleges, universities or post-secondary schools attended or in which credit was received must be uploaded to your online application.
- Do not mail in any paper transcripts at the time of application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted.
- Clear and legible unofficial or student copies of transcripts must be uploaded to your application. Please refer to instructions on uploading transcripts.
- Columbia Nursing does not have a minimum GRE score requirement. All factors of an application are considered equally – applicants are neither accepted nor denied solely based on test scores.
- Applicants may retake the GRE. The Office of Admissions will select the highest from each section to give you the most competitive score.
- Scores must be sent to school code 2142.
- The exam must be taken by the deadline although it is highly recommended that the exam be completed one month prior to the deadline.
- Exemption for graduate/advanced degree holders: Applicants with a conferred graduate or professional advanced degree (certificates do not qualify) at the time of the application deadline are exempt from the GRE requirement. Currently enrolled graduate/professional students (without a degree) must submit GRE scores to complete their application.
- 2 pages / double spaced / 12pt font / 1" margins
- Topic listed in the online application.
Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Your references should be able to attest to your skill level in mastering coursework and/or practical experience.
- We recommend that at least one reference come from your current employer or academic advisor.
- Choose recommenders that offer diverse perspectives (especially if you have little work experience or are far-removed from academia). Your recommenders should know you well.
- Please note: The Office of Admissions requires all application materials be submitted online, including recommendations. Recommenders have the ability to upload a word or PDF reference letter through the application system.
- The following information is required from the recommender: name, email, telephone, organization, position title, and relationship to applicant.
- Use your recommender's institutional or corporate email address. Submissions from personal email addresses (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) may be subject to additional review.
- There is no page limit to your resume or CV (assuming the professional experience listed is relevant to your application and nursing goals).
- Applicants are encouraged to include interests, hobbies, honors, awards, and travel experience on your resume. This type of information gives us a broader perspective of the applicant.
- Must be taken at an accredited college or university (online and community colleges are acceptable).
- A letter grade of C or better is required.
- Labs are not required for any prerequisites.
- Advanced Placement courses are acceptable if listed on transcript.
- Prerequisites do not have to be completed by the deadline. Rather, all required courses are to be completed by the start of the program.
- English Composition or a course listed as Writing Intensive
- Psychology (Intro, Developmental, or Life Span)
- Human Anatomy or Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Human Physiology or Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Additional prerequisites for ETP/Nurse Anesthesia applicants:
- Organic Chemistry
- $65 nonrefundable fee paid through the online application system (after application submission).
- For fee waivers, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
- TOEFL Required for applicants that have not graduated from a college or university in which all instruction is conducted in English. Score must be sent to school code 9828.
International transcripts must be evaluated by a professional agency accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Evaluations should include a course-by-course analysis indicating the type of degree received, the U.S. equivalency of the degree, the graduation date and a cumulative grade point average. Please be sure to upload all evaluations to your online application.
*All materials should be received by the published deadlines unless otherwise stated. We guarantee to grant a decision to all applicants with a completed application by their deadline. Incomplete applications by the deadline will be reviewed at our discretion. No refunds will be granted for incomplete applications. Please review all requirements for entry carefully.