- Degree awarded by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Columbia Nursing does not have a minimum GPA requirement, all factors of an application are considered equally.
- All transcripts from colleges, universities or post-secondary schools attended or in which credit was received must be uploaded to your online application.
- Clear and legible unofficial or student copies of transcripts must be uploaded to your application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted. Please follow our instructions on uploading transcripts.
- A score in the top 50th percentile on each of the three sections is considered competitive.
- Applicants may retake the GRE. The Office of Admissions will select the highest from each section to give you the most competitive score.
- A satisfactory score is just one of the admission factors applicants are neither accepted nor denied solely based on test scores.
- Score must be sent to school code 2412.
- 2 pages / double spaced / 12pt font / 1" margins
- Topic listed in the online application.
Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Your references should be able to attest to your skill level in mastering coursework and/or practical experience.
- We recommend that at least one reference come from your current employer or academic advisor.
- Choose recommenders that offer diverse perspectives (especially if you have little work experience or are far-removed from academia). Your recommenders should know you well.
- We strongly encourage that recommenders submit their letters electronically through our application system.
- The following information is required from the recommender: name, email, telephone, organization, position title, and relationship to applicant.
- Use your recommender's institutional or corporate email address. Submissions from personal email addresses (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) may be subject to additional review.
- There is no page limit to your resume or CV (assuming the professional experience listed is relevant to your application and nursing goals).
- Applicants are encouraged to include interests, hobbies, honors, awards, and travel experience on your resume. This type of information gives us a broader perspective of the applicant.
- Must be taken at an accredited college or university (online and community colleges are acceptable).
- A letter grade of C or better is required.
- Labs are not required for any prerequisites.
- Advanced Placement courses are acceptable if listed on transcript.
- Prerequisites do not have to be completed by the deadline. Rather, all required courses are to be completed by the start of the program.
- English Composition or a course listed as Writing Intensive
- Psychology (Intro, Developmental, or Life Span)
- Human Anatomy or Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Human Physiology or Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Additional prerequisites for ETP/Nurse Anesthesia applicants:
- Organic Chemistry
- $65 nonrefundable fee paid through the online application system (after application submission).
- For fee waivers, please complete the Fee Waiver Request Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
- TOEFL Required for applicants that have not graduated from a college or university in which all instruction is conducted in English.
- Score must be sent to school code 9828.
*All materials should be received by the published deadlines unless otherwise stated. We guarantee to grant a decision to all applicants with a completed application by their deadline. Incomplete applications by the deadline will be reviewed at our discretion. No refunds will be granted for incomplete applications. Please review all requirements for entry carefully.