Columbia Nursing’s 2016 - 2021 Strategic Plan reaffirms its mission and values as a leader in nursing education, practice, and research, which will guide the school’s goals and progress over the next five years.
As a leader in graduate nursing education for more than a century, Columbia University School of Nursing prepares expert nurse clinicians, researchers, and educators to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities in the United States and around the world.
Our emphases on clinical practice, the creation of new knowledge, and leadership in health policy place Columbia Nursing at the forefront of nursing excellence.
We value the pursuit of excellence in nursing by supporting academic integrity and rigor and by encouraging free and open dialogue through interdisciplinary and mutual support.
We value a culture of inclusion by embracing multicultural perspectives among faculty, students and staff and by upholding the principles of health equity, which embrace respect for ethnic and cultural diversity in the care of patients, families, and the community.
- Columbia Nursing excels as the national model for innovative graduate nursing education.
- Columbia Nursing leads nursing research and scholarship that transforms national and global health.
- Columbia Nursing faculty practice exemplifies accessible, evidence-based, interdisciplinary, and culturally competent primary health care.
How We Achieve Our Goals
- Columbia Nursing embodies a culture of respect, integrity, and diversity.
- Columbia Nursing is the trusted, influential voice on nursing practice, research, health policy, and graduate education that improves the public’s health.
- Columbia Nursing functions at the highest level of fiscal and administrative accountability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Columbia Nursing commits to lifelong engagement of alumni and other partners that enhances our reputation, financial strength, mentorship, and global network.
View the full Columbia University School of Nursing 2016 – 2021 Strategic Plan.